Question
Posted by: sparks | 2011/08/10

well on my way

Hey im currently suffering from bulimia nervosa and feel like its spiralling out of control,my parents dont want me to go away to a rehab again and dont really know how to control the binging and purging.Im pretty sure the depression and anxiety is partially due to the fact that im not being nourished and am so tired of this self destructive cycle.are there any out patient support groups in Durbs?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Sparks,
The positive is that you are seeking treatment, rather than signing or denying the problem. You say that you have already been in rehab, but was it a Chemical Dependency Unit or was it a specialist Eating disorders Unit? If you required inpatient treatment, but it was not to a specialist Eating Disorders Unit, then you were likely not getting the quality of treatment specifically required for your eating disorder. I am not aware of any outpatient support groups in Durban, but I might be able to direct you to a psychologist and dietician in Durban, if that would help you. Alternatively, email me on graalex@iafrica.com and I will advise you on inpatient facilities or give you the name of clinicians in Durban.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders Expert | 2011/08/25

Hi Sparks,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders Expert