Posted by: Anon this time around!! | 2009-09-11

Hi dr Eve, How wonderful to see you have a column here - at last!! I am an avid supporter of you and what you do for all things sexual. I must admit I have bought a couple of toys from your site and a big thanks that we have such a place to go and shop!!

My question after all that is my partner (in his 50' s) takes levitra. How safe is this drug and what are the side effects and dangers. We are not aware of any medical problems such as CV disease or hypertension.

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Thank you for kind words!

I hope your partner was put through a series of tests before he was prescribed Levitra. All erection changes must be investigated as a sign of other possible diseases such as CVD, diabetes, thyroid or depression. Also he needs to ahve sex hormone tests. Ageing brings erectile changes but a healthy man of 50 plus can still be having very strong erections- it really all depends on the individual's health, life style and mental wellness.
So assuming your man has been given a clear bill of health Levitra is a safe and effective drug to be on. It is one of the three PDE5I's on the market , all have been put through required clinical tests and proven themselves to be safe and highly effective. So no dangers to taking the drug per se. Like all drugs, there may be side effects - each individual will differ in this and most people find the benefits far outweigh any side effects.
Levitra is safe to take for as long as forever- enjoy the benefits:)