Question
Posted by: mmmmmmm | 2010-07-26

welbutren

My Dr recently advised that I go on Welbutren (sorry for the spelling) but I''m terrified of taking this and my Boyfriend and I want to get engaged what effects or rather negative effects could these meds have on me?

Thanx

OK. Its Wellbutrin ( if you want to google i and look it up ). It was your doctor's absolute duty when recommending the drug to tell you about its advantages and side-effects or risks, rather than to leave you to worry about it. YOu don't mention WHY it was ecommended to you. It is an effective antidepressant, and is also helpful in people with alcohol-related problems. Taking it should in no way interfere with your ability to get engaged, and if it lifts your depression, should help your relationship usefully.
Side-effects are usually not severe, and tend to reduce aftyer the first week or so, and are at their worst usually less troublesome than the depression itself.
What in particular are you afraid of, about taking the recommended medicine ?

1