Question
Posted by: DEBBIE | 2009/09/14

WEITHGAIN

I HAVE BEEN PUT ON BILACOR 5MG AND CRESTOR 10MG TABS AS PRECAUAIONERY MEASURES. I SEEM TO BE PUTTING ON WIEIGHT - EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN EATING PROPERLY. I KNOW IT IS ONE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS AN OVER THE COUNTER TABLET I COULD TAKE FOR WEIGHT LOSS ?THANKING YOU KINDLY

Dear Debbie
No there isn't anything you can take but the weight gain caused by the Bilacor is more water retention than anything else. You could ask your doctor to add a small dose of diuretic like a 1/2 Moduretic and see if this makes a difference?