Question
Posted by: Jen | 2010/09/06

Weirdo!!!!

I think i have the most weird x bf in the world. The guy broke up with me a month ago because after an argument that we had he felt we are not compatible. He says he still loves me and will continue being there for me no matter what but he feels that the relationship cannot work. I made it clear to him that i think we can still work on our issues and that im certain that the relationship can still work but he did not agree and he said he needs to move on.

The most weird thing about this guy is that, he still behaves like a boyfriend. we do everything together like a couple, we go on dates, attend events together, exactly as when we were still dating. We''ve been sleeping on the same bed everynight holding each other since the break up. The only thing that has changed is that we do not kiss nor have sex. Sometimes i can feel that he''s got an errection but will not dare initiate sex. I find this verry weird at first i thought that things might change but its been a month now.Another strange thing is that he still gets jelouse when other man are paying attention to me.

I dont know what to make of this whole thing. What does this mean doc, can you please help me?

If you both want the relationship to succeed, but can't succeffully work out whatever problems you have, see a couples counsellor, both to deal with the leading issues, and to learn how to do so for yourselves.
But if he is determined "to move on" then that makes nonsense of his professions of love and "always being there for you ", and seems to be based on flimsy grounds.
He sounds thoroughly confused - he declares a break-up, but still lives with you and sleeps beside you > And gets jealous when others pay attention to you ?

4
Posted by: Kim | 2010/09/06

Yip agree, either he is waiting for something better to come along or has has her aready but just holding onto you just incase that dsnt work out.

Reply to Kim
Posted by: two-stone | 2010/09/06

He has someone else!! Keeping you as " Insurance"  to see if it works out first.

Reply to two-stone
Posted by: MH | 2010/09/06

move out and move on.... as soon as he has someone else, you will be history!!

Reply to MH