Posted by: Bill | 2011-11-02

Weird vibrations in my chest

Hi there,

Over the last 3 days I have this funny vibration on the left of my feels almost like a muscle movement but it does give me a bit of a jolt for breath...not intense though. There is no pain either and I''ve checked my heart rate when it happens and it stays constant, not missing a beat..

What can it be...?

Your symptoms can be due to muscle fatigue of the intercostal muscles and muscles of the anterior chest wall. If you are concerned and you do have risk factors for myocardial disease, like for instance diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and a family history, you should consult your doctor.

Posted by: Bill | 2011-11-07

Thanks Doc,

I did go to my GP and we did ECG etc. - was plugged up with wires and had to cycle for a couple of minutes and he said that he is really happy with what he saw. So that confirmed that it wasn''t something related to a cardio vascular issue. Your explanation does place it a bit more into context so thanks for that!

Keep well!

Reply to Bill