Posted by: Dido | 2008-11-04

weird rash on lips

Hi Doc,
I have been getting a rash on my lips about once a month for the past two years. I saw my gp about a year ago who said its caused by dry lips. he never prescribed anything for it. well it really is a botheration now.
There is no itchiness or burning. its really tiny, starts of as a slight irritation, no redness either, and starts as a small cluster and gradually spreads all over my lips, its disapears within 4-5 days.
Its not sore either. You cant see it either unless you really look hard at it.
Please help.
It makes me really selfconcious and also worries me that it may spread elsewhere.
Thanks so much.

Dear Dido
I think you should ask a dermatologist to have a look with special enlargement equipment when you have this rash. This may be a type of eczema that you get but one should be careful with what you put on your lips as the skin is very sensitive. You can try Carmex lipbalm in the meantime. Let me know what he says?