Question
Posted by: Li | 2010/06/22

Weird feeling after exercise

Hi Doc,
I am not sure who to pose this question to, so I am posting it on a few expert forums.

I have started a diet about a month ago. I am on low GI low fat diet eating every 3 hours. I exercise regularly bout 4-5 times a week for no less than an hour at a time. I started off by swimming but now I exercise on my stepper and on the stationary bike (winter). I have been exercising for more than a month I have just increased my intensity, duration and intervals (from 2-3 times a week to 4-5 times a week). My fitness has improved dramatically and I have lost a few kg’ s too. I was diagnosed with low blood sugar a few years ago, I do eat properly for this although I have not seen a dietician recently.

My problem is, most days I exercise I have this weird sensation all day. I am very peckish and thirsty (almost like the first few months of pregnancy) and my face feels flushed, but it is not...and I m slightly light headed almost like dull head ache in my fore head. Is this normal?

Hallo Li
Just check your bloodpressure, sometimes the low GI low fat diets cause a drop in blood pressure. Also ensure that you do eat a low fat protein with each meal to keep your blood sugar stable.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/22

Hallo Li