Question
Posted by: Liza | 2010/04/16

Weird excitement

Since yesterday afternoon I''ve been having these weird flashes of extreme excitement. It lasts for 5 seconds and then goes away. It is so intense that during those 5 seconds my hands actually shake - which goes down to a slight trembling between flashes. The only other time that I''ve felt this intense excitement, was when the aircraft door opened just before skydiving out of the plane.

I can''t concentrate on my work because the excitement interrupts my thought processes. Thank goodness I''m seeing my shrink tomorrow.

I'll be fascinated to hear what your shrink makes of this, having the opportunity to assess this in detail. From your description, whatever this is, it sounds like "good", even enjoyable excitement, rather than anxiety / fear, which is the most common characteristic of sudden episodes of arousal. If it's equivalent to the peak excitement of sjy diving, then it's really significant rather than just mildly pleasant.
I'm tempted to think that if you could package or teach this, it could be a real money-spinner ! Seriously, I wonder if it's related in some way to your meds, or else neutological in origins

1