Question

Weird dreams???

Hi doc. I''m not someone who sees a lot into dreams and things, but I''m just wondering. Lately I''m having weird dreams about the devil, and also about the end of the world (Biblically). It''s not dreaming about seeing the devil as such, it''s just friends I know who turns out to be satanists, or I just get this weird evil feeling from a dream, and when I wake up I know it involved some or other form of develish evil. Also in the past weird things used to happen while I was sleeping, I don''t think it was night terrors, but it was still not a good experience. I''d fall asleep, and feel immense fear in my dream, not any scary entity that I could see or anything, I just get really scared in the dream, and I got goosebumps, but I don''t know if I just dreamed I got goosebumps or if I really got them, And it was a very unpleasant sort of goosebumps. Then I''d realise it''s a dream, then I try to get hubby''s attention, so that he can wake me up. I''ll try to touch him, but I can''t cos i can''t move, and I can''t call his name, or scream, so then I''d make noises so that he can hear me and wake me up, but he said he never heard me make noises, so that was probably also just my imagination. After a while i''d wake up on my own, as you do after having a nightmare. That stopped happening a while ago, I was so relieved, and then these weird dreams started. Could it be psycological, or just stress or what? I''m afraid to go to sleep at night, I''m afraid of getting another nightmare.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Has this arrived totally out of the blue ? Or are these themes you think about, read about, maybe have seen some films about ? We have a great many dreams ( as shown by EEG, etc. ) which we never recall, unless we are woken up by someone or unless we wake up, for instance in an arousing and frightening dream.
I hadn't noticed different kinds of goosebumps !
And you also seem to be describing something very normal but alarming, a form of sleep paralysis. Because our bodies automatically shut down our voluntary movement when we are in dreaming sleep ( when they don't, we get slep-walking, etc. ) sometimes we wake up just before it has got switched back on again, and hence that short ( though it may feel much longer, as it's alarming )sensation of being awake and unable to move.
These dreams, though unpleasant, are probably either meaningless ( though of course it's tempting to seek a meaning ) or just related to being stressed and worried, maybe coloured by recalling without realizing this, themes you've seen in movies or on TV

8

Thanks you guys, I will do that. I must say, now that I think about it, I''ve got a lower back problem, and started sleeping on my side, with pillow between the legs so my back is not sore when I wake up in the morning, and the paraysis thing might have stopped around then, could be coincidence, or could be related, I''m not sure.
As far as the dreams go, I am at the point where I pray before going to bed, and I even go so far as to ask God for me not to have nightmares... of any kind. But it comes and goes. I also remember when I was younger my eldest brother blessed the whole house. Maybe it''s time to do it again, you never know what things visitors bring into your house.
Thanks for all the advice, I feel much better. As long as it''s something which can be fixed, and not a case of me losing my mind or heading for mental breakdown or something like that.

Posted by: LOLO | 2011/03/08

I use to get the same dreams, then i started praying before i sleep, its the devil trying to win you over.

I would ppray so much in such that even in a dream i would say :IN THE NAME OF JESUS, and i would wake up.

Give it a try,

Reply to LOLO
Posted by: BoilMeAnEggMakeItHard | 2011/03/08

Biatch please.

Reply to BoilMeAnEggMakeItHard
Posted by: Peas | 2011/03/08

Hi Anon,

I had the same thing but actually woke and saw shadows and I was hallucinating about the devil sitting at the end of my bed, on the floor watching me. I had a Pastor come in and pray for me and bless my house. We went to each opening in the house, windows and doors and blessed them by placing a cross in olive oil on top of them all and my husband had to say " We dedicate this house to you Lord, this house belongs to Jesus" .

My problems were over. If you have a bad dream just say " Jesus"  and it will end. As a Christian, you are covered by the blood of the Lamb, so no harm will come to you.

We also got rid of masks in the house. After doing some research, we discovered they were ceremonial masks, with demons attached to them and the Pastor said these demons were trying to attach themselves to me.

I pray you get some sleep tonight. God Bless.

Reply to Peas
Posted by: Vaal Donkie | 2011/03/08

If it''s sleep paralysis, try sleeping on your side. I know it sounds too simple, but research shows that every single case had the patient sleeping on their back. You''ve got nothing to lose.

Reply to Vaal Donkie

Ah man, that''s not good. I love my sleep, and get very cranky when I don''t get enough. I had a semi-bad childhood, and I remember as a child there were also a time when I got so many nightmares that I was afraid to go to sleep. I''m a christian, and you know in the christian community there is a lot of talk about signs about the second coming and what not. I think I''m just scared, which is also not a good thing, but that''s a story for another day. And I''m mucho affraid of the devil, but sometimes I get urges to do somethings that I know I''m not supposed to do, and I don''t do it, but everything just works on my nerves I guess. And I don''t think I really get goosebumps, it''s just a feeling I get, I think it is part of the dream, if you can call it a dream. Nothing really happens, I''m just scared while a sleep or dreaming or whatever. I dunno. Maybe I think too much about things in general. I do believe that it''s just dreams and nothing more, and it''s just things working on my nerves.

Thanks doc and star, I feel better. I am going to read up on this sleep paralysis thing, cos man, that''s some bad experience.

Posted by: * | 2011/03/08

I have identically the same issue. I HATE it, and exhausted, I am too scared to go to sleep as well

Reply to *