Question

Weird

Hi there CS and everyone. Does anybody feel weird? Not sure if it''s the ''change of season'' that brings on a funny feeling over one. I just reallly feel strange. I''m feverish, hot, anxious, but don''t feel sick. My son (7) the same, although his symptoms are more severe, temperature of 39, bad headache too, so I took him to the Doc last nite, and she said to admit him to hospital but he didn''t want to go. He has vomited a few times but he seems ok now. What is going on?

YOu may indeed have had your reasons for making that deecision, but you are right to apologise to Maria for snapping at her for her very sensible comment, which responded to what you said, rather than what you left out. You DID make it sound as though you allowed the child to make the decision, which is much less reasonable than what you later exclained.
Kids systems are more fragile and can go sour much more easily, so the doctor's wish to be cautious is very understandable.
One can by simple remedies get a fever down, but that may simply suppress it without changing whatver was causing the fever.

10

Thanks for the medicals advice guys. And Maria, I apologize, I did not mean you specifically though. And I normally read the posts and you are one of the people that usually has intellegent answers and suggestions.

Posted by: COck | 2011/03/31

It is the fairly unknown " end of the world syndrome" 

Reply to COck
Posted by: Soul | 2011/03/31

Gutsy move there Anon. He has an infection and they don''t know where it''s coming from and you make a call to disregard their advise because they over exaggerating.

I agree with Truth, at least get a second opinion before you decide wether or not you want to admit your son to get him the help that he needs.

Ai these people that take chances with their childrens lives, and when things go wrong then they want to cry and blame everyone else excepting to place the balme where it belongs on their own tough shoulders.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Truth | 2011/03/31

OK Maria
I just get fed up when people post on a public forum and then get defensive when people make sensible comments they disagree with and attack them!
I agree that a parent has the right to make up their own minds re their childrens health care but what did she have to loose by admitting him? The least she could have done is get a second opinion.
It is doubtful you would have recieved an apology l have noticed people are quick to lash out but rarely retract.

Lets hope her son gets better soon.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: QQ | 2011/03/31

Nope...I feel good !

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Maria | 2011/03/31

Anon when I''m feverish, hot and anxious I do feel sick, so I don''t really know how to respond to that. How long have you felt like that? Perhaps it might be worth having a doctor check you out as well if your symptoms persist.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Maria | 2011/03/31

Thanks Truth but it''s fine, I don''t need an apology. As a parent I also reserve the right to listen to the advice given by medical professionals and then make up my own mind about the best course of action. I just wouldn''t let my daughter make that call. As for the " stupid comments" , maybe she meant that in the light of what OTHER people may say? Not important to me really.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Truth | 2011/03/31

Hi Anon
Please apologise to Maria. To call her very sensible comment stupid most unkind.To allow your 7 yearold any say in in his hospitalization is the wierdness here. Your doctor and pharmacist are highly trained medical proffesionals to decide you know better is also wierd.It is almost impossible to be admitted to a state hospital with their lack of resources and medical aids are not easy to convince of the need for hospital care with the economy the way it is. So whatever your route your refusal to admit your son is questionable.
An apology is the right thing to do- l hope you at least have the decency to at least do it asap.

Going forward can l suggest you post a physical medical question to the right forum - this is not one for a shrink. Although your reaction to advice from medical practitioners maybe CS''s area.

Hope your son feels better soon.

Reply to Truth

The Dr said that he has infection but not sure where it is coming from. I didn''t think it was necessary for him to go, I managed to get his temperature down and kept a close watch over him. I am experienced enough to know when my kid needs to go to a Dr. But yes, Maria, I can see where you are coming from, but honestly, I think the the pharmacy and the Dr were exaggerating a bit. I know now, you all going to bite my head off, but I know my kid, so please keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Posted by: Maria | 2011/03/31

What exactly did the doc say is wrong with your son? Docs don''t admit people to hospital on a whim. And you let your 7 year old decided whether or not he wanted to go? Aren''t you the parent?

Reply to Maria