Posted by: MERINA MOM | 2010-12-06

Weigt and Merina

Dr Dr
I had my Merina removed two monthes ago - since then I have picked up 4kg - what''s is up with that - i have been stable on my weight for two years now (40) - I am on no new contraseption.
Merina caused me pain and iregular and excesive bleeding.

Could the weight gain be from this?

I don't think so.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-12-09

I don't think so.

Posted by: Shaz | 2010-12-07

I had the Merina inserted about 8 months ago and have put on about 4kgs. Have never had to watch my weight before tho. Been told that putting on weight is one of the side effects. Hopefully someone else has info they can share re the Mirena.

Reply to Shaz
Posted by: Val | 2010-12-06

I am thinking of putting in the u think that this is advisable? I am scared of not falling pregnant when i do want to take it off...I am just so tired of taking the pill...

Reply to Val