Question
Posted by: Megan | 2011-05-23

Weights

Hello, I have a query regarding those ankle and wrist weights. Would it be worthwhile to work, drive, do housework, etc while wearing the weights? My days are very long and I exercise where I can (which is mainly taking the stairs, I counted today that if I take detours to the bathroom, my car, the office, etc, I will walk up and down over 200 stairs a day). But it would obviously be better if I had some extra resistance. I am alone at the office a LOT of the time so I won''t look too silly. :-)

Hi Megan

It may help. I mean, the important thing is to get the training in, and adding weight will change the intensity but that may have a relatively small impact compared to the overall impact of doing the necessary training.

So keep doing what you are, and perhaps try the weights one or two days a week and see what it feels like. If you feel that they're adding to the workload and that you can manage it, then keep going, no harm. If it feels like it's not doing anything, then maybe practically it's best not to use them, but obviously there's not a lot to lose from adding them in!