Question
Posted by: susan | 2011-01-27

weightloss eating plan

i was advised to eat the following way if i want to lose weight could you pls tell me if this is the correct menu.
Breakfast: 1 nutrific with 1 tablespoon of oatbran mixed with
water and 2% milk, 1 cup of coffe no sugar and 1
friut

Lunch: 1 slice of albany ww bread with pilchards in
tamotoe , a boiled egg ,or mozzerala cheese wth lettuce and tamotoe cucumber, and water and 1 friut

Supper: lean meat,chicken or fish with vegtables excluding rice or potatoe, pumkin or melies , and 1 yogurt or friut
and 2 litres of water for the day.
pls advise
regards susan

Dear Susan
The diet you describe is reasonable, but make sure that you include 3 servings of low-fat or fat-free milk or dairy products to provide sufficient calcium for good health. I also do not see the sense of avoiding pumpkin or mielies, or rice? Pumpkin has a very low energy content when it is cooked without sugar and butter/margarine. Mielies cooked on the cob and brown rice have a low glycaemic index (GI), which helps to keep you from developing low sugar levels and food cravings. Otherwise you should certainly lose weight on this diet. Do not overdo your liquid intake because adults require 2,5 litres a day and this includes ALL liquids (tea, coffee, milk, water, etc).

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-27

Dear Susan