Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2010/01/14

Weightloss eating plan

I have recently started a healthy eating plan and am wondering if I will lose weight with the following eating plan:
Breakfast: high fiber cereal with low fat milk
Snack: 1 medium apple (3 hours after Breakfast)
Lunch: One low GI Brown bread Sandwich with Peanut Butter (thin) and 1 medium Apple (3 hours after snack)
Snack: 100g Low fat yoghurt and 25g low fat dried raisins (3 hours after lunch)
Dinner: Steamed Vegetables and small portion of skinless/fat removed/lean meat or chicken and a salad.
I drink more than 8 glasses of water daily and I have just started working out on a treadmil.

Dear Wayne
The diet you describe should produce weightloss esp if combined with working out on a treadmill every day (start slowly and increase how long and hard you exercise as you get fitter). Don't overdo the water intake as excessive water ingestion can lead to loss of vital electrolytes (sodium, potassium and magnesium). Stick to a total liquid intake of 2,5 litres per day (10 x 250 ml of liquid per day).

1

Dear Wayne