Question
Posted by: Sashi | 2010-01-11

Weightloss and birth control pill

Comlpiments of the new year Doc.Hope u are well.Doc I have a very puzzling situation that I hope u can assist with.I started using birth control pill two years ago because of a bad PMS and birth control was recommended. To my suprise I lost 12kgs without trying but PMS wasnt better in anyway.After a year I decided to stop taking the pill cause it didnt help with PMS and I gained weight Immediately.Then I decided to take the pill again to see what will happens.I lost weight again.the pill for some reason stabilise my weight.

Is there any explanation for this ?

It also means I will have to take thepill for the next five years cause I dont want kidz for the next five year.In total its going to be 7 years of using the pill.will this affect my fertility in anyway?

A few women do lose weight on the Pill, probbaly due to decreases appetite. Taking the Pill for 7 years will not affect your longterm fertility.

2
Posted by: Thembs | 2010-01-13

Sashi, which pill were you using?

Reply to Thembs
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-12