Question

Weightloss

I am a 25 year old male.I was grossly overweight but always had a bit of muscle mass.I started dieting in Jan ''10 and have lost 36 kg since then due to a very strict diet and serious training program.I have recently started stagnating and heard rumours that your body can get used to the foods that one consumes.The diet was very strict but well balanced.
I would have either 2 boiled eggs,all bran or no fat yoghurt for breakie then lunch would consist of either a sandwhich on wheat bread and cottage cheese with lettuce etc or some boiled chicken.Dinner would consist of tuna salad or chicken with brown rice.Like I said I''ve been stagnating lately,is there any advise you have for me because i''ve been training just as hard(20 minute jog in the morning and 1 hour + gym incl cardio in the evening)BMI is difficult because I do carry a afir amount of muscle mass.

Dear Weightloss
Firstly congratulations on losing those 36 kg - you are a ***star***. The story that your body gets used to the foods you eat is just a rumour. What does happen is that you body adapts to the level of exercise you are doing and your total energy intake. Then there is the psychological aspect - when you have been on a very strict regimen like yours, you tend to get sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over again, so you may start slacking. I would recommend that you ask your gym instructor to give you a new exercise programme (which still uses up the same amount of energy), but allows you to do something totally different (swimming or skipping, etc). See if this does not change your mindset and helps you to get started again.
Hang in there

1

Dear Weightloss
Hang in there