Posted by: Reluctant | 2009-01-15

i have about 70kgs to loose and was told to consider a gastric bypass. i am very reluctant to do this as i have heard that it is a very risky and dangerous operation and that you have to change your whole lifestyle afterward. i do not really eat that unhealthy and think that i can loose the weight if i can get something to give me a boost to loose some kgs quickly as that will make me able to move easier and therefor get a better workout in the gym. currently i do aqua aerobics (45min session) 4 x a week as the water is the only place i can move with some comfort. i have gone through this website and have read about duromine and other appitite suppresants. do you think that i should try this route as i also can not afford the surgery?

Dear Reluctant
Operation should be the very last option. Discuss with your doctor as using an appetite supressant with a kilojoule controlled diet and exercise is still a definite option for you. You should also have some blood tests to exclude insulin resistance and underactive thyroid