Posted by: Dezi | 2009-07-26

I am battling to loose weight. Since I started on HRT 6 yrs ago, i' m not loosing weight. I started to gain weight. I' m fedup and badly want to loose weight. I stopped HRT and am now using the natural stuff (solal, Natural Hormone Replacement and Progesterone Cream). I want to know - I excercise 5 days per week, Mon/Wed/Fri whereby i do cardio for 60 min. Tue/Thur - i do 30min cardio and then a circuit whereby i do 30 reps per machine with light weights. Will i loose inches and weight???Please let me know cause i' m desperate and starting to get very depressed as well. Thanks Dezi

HI Dezi

There are two things in play here - first is HRT, which is partly responsible for the weight gain in the first place. However, I'm not sure whether you tried to exercise back when you were still on HRT? If you did not, then I would be cautious about going off it, and starting exercise at the same time. I assume the HRT was medically prescribed, and for a good reason. Going off it may not be the best move, and if you could now exercise and still achieve the result, it seems the safe bet.

With respect to exercise, the plan sounds alright. You'd be doing enough exercise, and for long enough, and the focus on cardio is the right way to go. So that sounds good. Diet is important, of course, and I would strongly advise that you look at your diet, by seeing a dietician and getting a sensible eating plan. If you do that, then you stand a good chance of losing weight - no guarantees, of course, but a chance.