Question
Posted by: cassie | 2010/09/14

weight/gym

hi there hope anyone can help or advise me! i am 38 1 79 tall weighing 77kg i always use to go to the gym but never eally had any results about 3 months ago i went to a bio at our gym who worked out a training program my bodyfat doesnt seem to be that bad at all but why do i gain weight and why does it take like in forever to see a differance?i go to gym 6 times a week 3x per week a spinning class and after that a exersise progrom lasting about 45min including stability ball and machines the other days i try running about 3km which was hard in the beginning but much better lately and i do my program and with that machines i still see cellulite and sagging butt hahaha ag please help me understand?

o yes my eating habbits is healthy with a low carb diet

Hi Cassie

It takes forever because it's very, very difficult to achieve the kind of changes you're looking for! If it was easy, then nobody would ever have this problem! So you're not unusual or alone in that regard!

It's especially difficult when you get into a range of body mass that is "normal", which you are - your BMI is 24, and the ideal range is between 20 and 25, so it's not as though you have many kilograms to lose.

The question is, have you become fitter? Because if that answer is yes, then the training is working. If not, then you need to reassess what you're doing exercise-wise, but if you're getting fitter, then it's having an effect. Then it's question of diet - low carb is not necessarily good, and I would think that this may be the next thing you need to look at. It's almost certain that on a low carb diet, you're under-eating, and that's going to negatively affect your ability to lose weight. So I'd say it would really pay to assess the diet, see a dietician and get onto a plan that fits with exercise.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/20

Hi Cassie

Reply to fitnessdoc