Question
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2011/05/03

Weight v/s Height

I am 40 years old. 1.74m tall, my weight is 104kg. Am i overweight.

I am overweight, I'm not sure about you, as this isn't a psychiatric question. Try Dietdoc, or Cyberdoc, elsewhere on H24

6
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2011/05/05

If your boyfriend finds you attractive and you can climb a few flights of stairs without dying, you''re probably okay.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Candy | 2011/05/05

flip, that means am also over weight.....height 1.56 my weight 63 kg.... I should be 56kg, :(

Reply to Candy
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2011/05/04

A very easy way to determine your ideal weight is to subtract 1 meter from your height and change the remaining centimeters to kilograms. For instance, I am 1.75m tall, so my ideal weight is 75kg. The normal range is between 5% and 10% each way.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Truth | 2011/05/03

For a correct assesment of your weight and health go to a GP.
As a lay person -even if you are male - your weight does seem excessive.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: Anne | 2011/05/03

Yes, that sounds excessive to me.

Reply to Anne