Question
Posted by: Riana | 2011-07-10

Weight training

My husband and I (both nearly 50) have trained very hard to get fit. We do not want to loose the fitness but incorporate weights in our training for some fat loss and strengh. On the moment we doing 3 sets, 10 reps per body part twice a week. Should we change the amount of reps or sets? We loosing weight but not bodyfat. We are vegan so we do eat very health and taking the right supplements.

Hi Riana

I think for a start, you're doing the right combination. As you get stronger, I'd look at increasing that to 15 reps on the same weights, but you probably don't want to go too much heavier, unless of course you're wanting to build muscle and get bigger. But you'll have to judge the progress - it takes a month or two, but see what happens. If you feel you're getting too muscular, then hold at 15 reps, lighter weight. If you want more muscle, then hold at 10 reps, but bigger weights. Give it time and respond to what your body is doing as a result of training!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-07-24

Hi Riana

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc