Question
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/15

WEIGHT TRAINING

A lady in the gym told me I should do my biceps and triceps on the same day and other muscles the next - is there any truth in this? Does it matter and what is an effectivie training plan for female of 25 - 1.57m and 60kg. Thank you!

Hi Honey

Not really, it's a bit of over-complication on her part. The split between doing some muscles on one day, and the others on another day is always a bit contentious. The reason is of course to allow muscle groups to rest, and so that's why many times, you'll find that people will train upper body one day, then lower body the next, so that they rest one area every second day. You don't need to do this with the biceps-triceps though. I think the more sensible split is to do your upper body and back on one day, and then on the next, do your legs and abs. That would make more sense.