Question
Posted by: Help | 2011-09-12

Weight Problem

Good day Doc, i need help, i started Gym in Feb this year, since i join gym and eating healthy i have managed to loose 13KG, i was 78Kg now i am 65KG, my problem is that i am battling to loose more weinght since 2month back, i know iam not overweingt anymore but i needed to loose 5KG more, i am still eating healthly and havent changed my exercise time table, Please help, is there something wrong that i am doing? or must change my diet or exersice? Thank you.

Dear Help
Firstly congratulations on losing those 13 kg - you are a ***star***! If as you say, you are no longer overweight, then it will be more difficult to lose those 5 kg because the human body always tries to maintain a state of balance. Once your body weight is back in the normal range, your body will resist your attempts to lose more weight, so you would need to persevere because you will probably lose more weight in smaller amounts over a longer time period. I would recommend that you only change your exercise programme - concentrate on doing cardio or aerobic-type exercises (running, jogging, rowing, cycling, swimming, skipping, etc) and do longer sessions. But as mentioned, it will take time and you will need to be patient. If your BMI is already close to 18, then I would not recommend that you lose any more weight because this would put you in the underweight category.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-12

Dear Help