Posted by: xox | 2009-09-09

Weight please

You seem to be good at this my height is 1.56, I am 42 yrs old what should my ideal weight be. Currently I weigh 57. And I don' t feel comfortable, got a bit extra around hips and tummy.

Well, the only number to throw out is one based on your BMI, and for your height, the range is between 49 and 61kg. As you've have seen, that is a wide range because it's difficult to pin weight down, so many things affect it between people.

So at 57, you're in that range. If you feel you can lose some, then that's OK too. You'd need to approach it from both diet and exercise points of view. Diet is especially vital when you are in the ideal range already, because it's not easy to lose weight when you don't have a lot to lose. So I'd say a dietician might be your best investment.

Exercise is a long term part of the plan. I'd say check out the fitness page of this site fr some programmes, and see what grabs you. The key is enjoyment - if you don't enjoy it, it's not going to last!