Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/08/04

weight plateau

I have seemed to reach a weight plateau, no matter I do or what I eat I can’ t seem to shed the last 3kgs. I have very diligent with my exercise and my diet. I monitor my portion sizes as well the frequency i eat. I have seen a dietician and have followed the diet plan given to me for the last few years. Once every 6 months my dietician changes my diet plan. I also vary my exercise plan often. I weigh 54kgs and my height is 156cm.

Can you please suggest any recommendations to shed these last 3-5kgs.

N

Dear Nicky
You have an ideal BMI of 22, so your body will resist losing those last 3-5 kgs. It is not really necessary for you to be so thin (for example if you weigh 51 kg, then your BMI would equal 21, which is already below the ideal). Stick to your present weight as it is a healthy one.