Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2012/07/09

Weight on feet

I''m recovering from a spiral ankle fracture and is now less then 3weeks back on the injured foot. However I find as I regain the strength of this foot I,don''t know how I used to walk/step on it anymore. As if my foot don''t know how to position itself when my weight is coming down on it (I don''t know how to explain this). I''m unsure with every step and it feels like I''m putting stress on the unaffected part of my foot. I had physio but that was more to regain muscle strength and flexibility to the injured foot. Might the problem also still be the swelling as it cause a lot of stiffness and difficulty of movement to the foot?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Sarah
It may be some local swelling, but remember that the foot muscles also need to regain their ability to functions as they were immobilised for a while. Just keep doing your exercises and they will be "taught" in no time!

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/07/13

Dear Sarah

Reply to Healthy Bones