Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011-09-26

Weight-loss without dieting

Dear Doc,
My " normal"  weight is in the region of 47kg, I have a very small bone structure. I am 20years old. I had a baby 5months ago &  during my pregnancy I weighed 57kg but in the past 5months since my babies birth I have lost alot of weight &  I am now weighing 41kg''s. I have a lot of worries &  concerns at home &  my aunt thinks that I have " unresolved"  stress issues that is making me loose the weight. On a personal note, because of loosing all this weight, I worry more &  then I loose more weight which obviously has me worried more (and so on)
My question is: could stress be a reason for loosing all this weight?
Is it natural to loose so much weight?

Sarah

I suggest that you consult a psychiatrist, as you might be suffering from an anxiety disorder with depression. This can be the cause for your weight loss. It is not normal to loose so much weight after giving birth and a very low body mass of 41 kg can be detramental to your general health.