Question
Posted by: lolo | 2011/02/02

weight loss vs hypnosis

how effective is hypnosis in dealing with weight loss?

Dear Lolo
I must admit that I have not read up a lot about the use of hypnosis to assist weightloss. I have heard that some patients react well to the use of hypnosis, but if you try this route it is important that you are fully receptive to the hypnotist's suggestions. Make quite sure that the person who hypnotises you is a fully qualified clinical psychologist who is also trained in hypnosis, otherwise you could expose your psyche to unprofessional manipulations. I promise to do some reading on this subject - so keep an eye on future DietDoc Topics on the 'Diet'nFood' site.

2
Posted by: ally | 2011/02/03

Hi there. I am not an expert on hypnosis vs weightloss, but I can tell u how strong hypnosis can be if u have decided to make a change. I smoked between 20 nd 30 cigaretts a day. On the 2nd Nov 2010, I went for 1 session of hypnosis which took approx 2 hoursn after which I walked out, threw my ciggies away nd 3 months later have still not craved or smoked another ciggarete. So I would be scared to take hypnosis not to eat.
U can ask them to hypnotise u to not eat certain thing egm chocolate or to make u reach for water in place of sodas etc. It is powerful medium if U want to use it.
Regardfrom non smoker in south africa

Reply to ally

Dear Lolo