Question
Posted by: Sally | 2011/11/17

weight loss tablets

I know diet pills are not the best option
But which tablet would you recommend using as having the safest ingredients

Also which ingredients are generally bad?

Dear Sally
I am generally opposed to the use of diet pills, esp over-the-counter slimming pills, because they contain long lists of ingredients that: 1) Can have negative side-effects, such as increased bp, arrhythmias, dehydration, addiction, loss of normal bowel function, etc. 2) May have NO effect on weightloss at all and just cost a lot of money! Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight Loss' and 'Diet Detective' and check the lists of slimming pill ingredients to see if they can have negative effects and if they can actually contribute to weightloss. At the present moment, I would probably say that products containing orlistat (Xenical or Alli) are the safest slimming pills on the market, but they should still be used under the supervision of a medical dr and/or a dietitian.

1

Dear Sally