Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012-12-03

Weight Loss Surgery

" just saying"  and I have been keeping contact. She had gastric bypass and I''ve had the lap band so we are following each other''s progress.

We actually " met"  here when she saw my post and it got her going as she did not know this surgery was available in South Africa. Neither did I till my friend bought me a pamphlet from a surgeons office....

16 weeks now and I''ve lost 20 kgs.

Cs, this feeling is better than any anti depressant!

I have gone down 2 pants sizes and 3 shirt sizes.

Accidentally, we seem to be becoming a weight-loss support forum, and that's grand. Well done all round. As a friend said to a dieter : "I"ll be seeing less of you around, these days".

Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012-12-03

Its amazing how much energy one has! The fatter you are the lazier you are the fatter you get...such a viscous circle!

Reply to FattyBoomBoom
Posted by: Liza | 2012-12-03

Congrats on the achievement. Isn''t the feeling of having a lot more energy and being able to do things you couldn''t before, absolutely fantastic? I didn''t have surgery, but I''ve lost 10kgs since starting high cholesterol meds and the difference is astounding! The other day my psychiatrist asked me (with some trepidation) why I ran up the stairs to his office - my reply: " Because I CAN! "  He thought the excess energy might be due to mania...

Reply to Liza