Question
Posted by: Hada | 2008/09/17

Weight loss strategy

I weigh 110kg and my height is 1.7metres.
I suffer from no ailments.
I walk for 30 minutes everyday.
I want to lose 30 kg over 10 months.
Please advise what amount of calories I have to consume daily to achieve this goal.

Dear Hada
I agree that it would be an excellent idea for you to lose some weight. Your present BMI = 38,1, so if you could lose 30 kg then your BMI would equal 27,7 which would be very close to the normal range (18-25). To lose weight it is generally recommended that men should reduce their energy intake to 1700 cal/day and women to 1500 cal/day. It may also be a good idea to discuss the use of Xenical with your medical dr because you intend losing more than 20 kg of weight. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. As you start losing weight and become more mobile, increase how rapidly and far you walk, and you can even increase how long you walk.
Holding thumbs that you start losing soon.