Question
Posted by: CRYS | 2012/03/29

weight loss slowing

Hi, I have been off the injection since Nov and havent had a period since. Im also on a diet and have been stuck on 66kg for the last 3weeks although loosing 10cm and loosing 4.4kg for the last 7weeks. Im wondering if it could be that I have water retention as a result of having no period. Or what could be the reason for my weight loss slowing down. My diet is balanced and includes protein,carbs,fruit and veg.Thks

Dear Crys
Hormonal treatments can indeed influence both weight gain, inability to lose weight and water retention. However, when people go on a slimming diet and initially lose weight, the human body always tries to regain its balance, so it will slow down weightloss to try and compensate for the loss. So it is important to persevere with your diet and exercise until the body starts losing weight again. The whole process becomes more difficult if you are close to your normal weight already.
Hang in there and try adding some daily exercise to your regimen.

3

Dear Crys

Posted by: Me | 2012/03/29

I think you have just hit a plateau - it happens. The key is to not give up, keep going. I hit mine in Feb and I was stuck on 62kg for 4 weeks - and then all of a sudden I started losing again. I am now at my target weight of 59kg and now just trying to maintain. Don''t give up. Change up your excercise as well - do different things. Areobics classes, strength, running - mix it up. And when something starts feeling easy, push harder. If you normally run 5km and it starts being easy, push for 7km etc. Shock your body and make it jump out of the plateau.

Reply to Me
Posted by: crys | 2012/03/29

Hi, also excercising 3 times a week for 30-40min.

Reply to crys