Question
Posted by: Healthy girl 001 | 2009/10/15

Weight loss q

Dear DietDoc. I have a question to which the answer keeps avoiding me. I' m very health conscience &  try to eat healthy every day. I excercise 4-5 times per weeks for at least 50 minutes by walking about 7km' s. I follow a low-fat, low-carbohydrate diet. I eat lots of fruit and veggies every day and snack on things like joghurt &  dry fruits. I include non-processed meat in my lunch every day and drink appoximately 2.5litres of water every day. I' m not using any medication &  are otherwise very healthy. Bearing in mind all these good habits and with summer on its way i' m can' t seem to loose an excess of 5 kilos i' m so depresperately trying to. Do you have any advise which i can follow or maybe something you think i' m doing wrong? Please help!

Dear Healthy Girl 001
You are indeed eating a healthy diet and have an excellent exercise programme. It is difficult for me to judge why you can't lose those 5 kg, because you have not listed your present weight in kg and height in metres for me to be able to work out your present BMI. If your weight is already close to ideal and you have a BMI close to 22, then your body will resist additional weightloss. With all the exercise you do, you may also have a lot of muscle tissue which weighs more than fat tissue, and may indicate that you weigh more but your vital dimensions are already good. I can only suggest that you check if your energy intake exceeds 6300 kJ per day and then cut out any high-energy foods you may be eating.
Hope this helps

1

Dear Healthy Girl 001
Hope this helps