Posted by: Deborah du Plessis | 2009/06/05

Weight loss programme for my char

My part-time char is morbidly obese, and has an expressed a desire to lose weight. Obviously, money is an issue here, and food preparation is basic (she can' t really cook much). Could you recommend an eating plan for her?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Deborah
If you domestic is morbidly obese I would first recommend that she should go to the nearest government hospital or clinic for a medical checkup because we need to know if she also suffers from diabetes or not. This is very likely as morbid obesity is linked to a variety of health problems, esp diabetes or insulin resistance. If she goes to the hospital then she should also ask to see a dietitian (perhaps you can send along a letter requesting a consultation with a hospital dietitian) because the dietitian will have to give her a slimming diet and/or a diabetic diet that she will be able to apply. The drs will also have to provide medications to treat the various problems she may have. For examples of slimming diets click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weightloss' and 'Slimming Diets'.
Holding thumbs that your domestic will obtain assistance.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.