Question
Posted by: sue | 2010/10/22

weight loss plan

mother of 3 youngest 9 months, i weigh 75kg''s and i am about 1. 5 tall, please help me to lose 10 kg''s with a flat stomach and bottom, my hips is also a problem area, i excercise on my trojan bicycle for abotu 10 mintues ,get tired to continue
I am and indian full time working mother
can you please work out a meal and excercise plan

Dear Sue
Because your present BMI = 33,3 it would be good if you could lose 10 kg, to bring down your BMI to 28,9 which is closer to 25 which is the upper level of normal. I would suggest that you try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). Combine the diet with your cycling. Persist with doing those 10 minutes a day and as you lose weight and get fitter increase how long and fast you cycle until you are doing at least 30 min a day - you will get there. Cycling is what is called an aerobic exercise which stimulates your metabolism and helps with weightloss. This type of exercise will slim you down all round. In addition it may be a good idea to try doing exercises to target the stomach, bottom and hips (for example sit-ups for the tummy, and thigh rolls for the bottom and hips). Check the Fitness section of Health24 for tips on how to do these exercises or ask Fitness Doc.
The combination of the energy-reduced diet and the 2 types of exercise will help you lose weight and firm up.

1

Dear Sue