Question
Posted by: Lhoza | 2011-07-12

weight loss hiv

diagnosed positive +- 10 years ago,never been on treatment, CD4 was below 200 around May 2011.So fresh and feeling healthy that u''d never tell my CD4 is that low.seriously considering starting the treatment now though but i''ve nver been sick.Have been having rash at face and my scalp is acting up, itching, flaking etc., have lost weight but Id say I''m eating normally as before, no major loss of appetite.only problem is stress.its been a roller coaster year, could this be causing the weight loss?Have been on Purbac for some time and its helped a little with the rash on face, what can I do about it.My eyes are also weak now, having some discharge a lot lately.No problem with sleeping, my diet is not particulary good for my condition but i try.been on Centrum but am alternating between it and Spirulina, I''ve just been well, not getting tired a lot like i used to. plz advise.

Lhoza

In light of your very low CD4 count, you should contact a specialist physician as soon as possible to start treatment on antiretrovirals. I think treatment will make you feel much better physically and that you will be able to face mental stress much better. You can also consult a psychologist for stress therapy.