Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/03/24

weight loss during pregnancy

Dear Doc
I''m 26 weeks pregnant and I was overweight before falling pregnant.
Is it a matter for concern that I''m losing weight instead of gaining during the pregnancy.
According to my gynae baby is doing well and weighs 982grams.

Overweight women tend not to gain much weight in pregnancy. As long as the baby is growing well, that is fine. Perhaps you are eating more healthily.

2

Posted by: K | 2010/03/24

Hi. I think, that if you have perhaps changed your eating habits (eating for healthily) then that could be the cause and shouldn''t be a problem.

Reply to K