Question
Posted by: Trysie Kannemeyer | 2010/04/13

Weight loss during menopause

I am 50 years old and menopausel - I am using Angelique now for 3 months for the hot flushes and menopausel symptoms - I have however gained 10 kg and can''t seem to lose weight - I have started now with some aerobic excercise and are trying not too eat too much fatty things - is there any specific diet or something I can do to lose weight while in the phase.

Dear Trysie
Weight gain during menopause can occur in some women and the use of HRT or similar products can either cause weight loss or weight gain depending on the individual. You can try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Do at least 30 min of active exercise every day to get the best results.

2
Posted by: ANNE | 2010/08/02

I AM CURRENTLY USING ESTALIS 50/140 AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW ANGELIQUE COMPARES IN TERMS OF OESTROGEN-PROGESTERONE RATIO. I AM EXPERIENCING BLOATED ABDOMEN AND ENLARGED BREASTS WHILE FRIENDS ON ANGELIQUE ARE NOT. PLEASE ADVISE

Reply to ANNE

Dear Trysie