Question
Posted by: Sonja Stanford | 2010/03/09

weight loss diet

My daughter is 20 years old - has been put on a pill for her complection but has unfortunately put on weight and become very emotional and unhappy. She is starting a different pill but is trying to lose the weight she has put on. She is 179 cm tall and weight 78.5kg. She would like to weigh 70kg. Please can you help me with a diet that is realistic and balanced.

Thank you very much

Dear Sonja
Your daughter's present BMI = 24, 4 which is still within the normal range (18-25). If she loses 8 kg then her BMI would be close to ideal, namely 21.9. To lose weight she needs to basically change her lifestyle. She can reduce her energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase her energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life)for 30 min a day. While she is on the ‘Weight loss’ site, she can read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by surfing on this site.

2
Posted by: Lida His -|- | 2010/03/10

Hi, I''m 30 years old, and I''m 155cm tall and weight approxiametly 58-60kg. I would like to loose 5-8kg. How do I do it in a healthy but quick way? Please can you help me?

Reply to Lida His -|-

Dear Sonja