Question
Posted by: clare | 2011/01/19

weight loss and ovulation

Hi doc, I am insulin resistant and am taking 500mg glucophage once a day. After my dr did a investigative laparoscopy and dnc 11 months ago he ruled out pcos. Except for when I''m on clomid my cycles are very irregular. Probably only menstruate once every two months. This time round though I was quite late but in between that time I started on a weight loss diet. I have lost 10.8kg already in 10 weeks and am doing very well. I now started my period which feels unusually different, literally no pain, backache etc do you think that my weight loss might have something to do with this? As far as my recent tests go I don''t ovulate on my own. I do ovulate on 50mg clomid though but still not falling pregnant. I want to lose a lot more and I''m wondering if my chances of falling pregnant increase with my weight loss. My husband has been tested and everything is fine. I also have no issue with blocked tubes, ovaries and uterus are tip top. Thanks in advance

Your chances of pregnancy are definitely better if you lose weight. The 'different' period is probably a reflection of this.

1