Posted by: Lazarus | 2012-03-30

While I m succeeding in shedding the weight and waist size, from size 40 to between 38 and 36, I now find myself with almost the entire wardrobe being oversize for my waist especially my trousers. I take it it happened to most of you in this forum. I just need to check if you know of a very good tailors you can recommend who can resize my trousers without deforming them. I really cant stomach parting ways with recently bought trousers/ jeans like Ben Sherman, Hilton Weiner, Enrico Carvelli, Replay etc.

Dear Lazarus
It is great news that you have managed to improve your waist size from a 40 to a 36. Well done! I can understand that you must be frantic about those expensive trousers that now hang on your body. If the other Readers have not come up with recommendations, then I would suggest you do 2 things: 1) Visit a really exclusive men's wear shop and ask them to refer you to a good tailor. Such shops usually have a tailor who does alterations for their clients if a garment needs altering. 2) Google "Tailors in X" on SA Google (X = your town or city). Other sources of information about good dressmakers and tailors can be shops that sell sewing machines like the Bernina franchises.
Good luck and keep up the good word