Posted by: sideways | 2008-11-20

Weight loss &  fitness

I am into motorsports and for my sport I need to be light, strong and fit. I was training hard at the beginning of the yera and then unfortunately broke my ankle quite badly and as a result have not been able to do much excercise for over 3 months. I sadly gained some fat and lost some fitness and muscle in this period. I am now finally back in the gym and strugglign to shake the fat. My body fat percentage is a major struggle for me. I am doing cardio and strength excercising 4 times a week and taking USN Pure Protein and Phedra cuts xt. What more can I do?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Sideways

Sorry to hear about your accident, but I suppose that is part of the danger in your sport!
Glad you are back in the gym. Don’t be so hard on yourself ito the increase in fat and loss in muscle mass – that is normal during injury times.

Now, the problem is that I do not have enough info to tell you exactly what to do other that you are looking for the answer in the wrong places – it is not situated in the products that you take, but rather in the amount of calories you need! That is calculated based on what you want to weigh (less you body fat off cause) and then added onto that the calories you need for digestion, daily moving about, and your calorie need for your training and racing averaged out over a week. Only then can you reduce your calorie intake with 500-1000 calories per day to reduce body fat until such time as you reach your goal –then you increase the calorie intake again to gain muscle mass, but obviously in the right macro nutrient ratios. Supplements form part of you training for specific reasons and are calculated into this calorie need.

I suggest you nose around in the archives of this site as I have answered many such questions and I am sure you might find someone with similar specifics to yours, from which you will gain some insight.
I am sorry that I cannot be of a huge help given the details I have! If you don’t come right – please contact me.

Good luck and take care.