Question
Posted by: Vanessa | 2012/10/29

Weight Loss

Dear Diet Doc...do you know of a doctor in Pietermaritzburg that helps with weight loss. I have been to a dietician and in 3 weeks only lost 900gr. I have tried all sorts of diets with no results, had my thyroid tested and that was fine, I run 4kms every day I am desparte to loose 10kgs.
I am a very fussy eater and dont do bread, biscuits, cake, not a fan of vegetables but I do pick.
I do understand I am mid 40''s but is that a reason to put on weight?
Please help

Dear Vanessa
I unfortunately don't know of medical doctors in Pmb who specialise in weightloss. Inability to lose weight can be caused by a number of factors such as insulin resistance, female hormone imbalances, depression, the after-effects of repeated use of fad diets, effects of medications, a slow metabolic rate, etc. I would advise that you return to the dietitian and ask her/him to adjust your diet to increase your weightloss marginally. Please keep in mind that in general, weightloss with a balanced slimming diet and regular exercise, amounts to about 500g per week.

1

Dear Vanessa