Question
Posted by: MK | 2012/09/22

weight loss

I recently had a stroke and my cousins wedding is in two months I would love to lose at least 5 kilograms by then. I weigh 67kg and am 1.4m tall I have thought of doing cleanses but my doctor said that it dehydrates your system. I can''t do much exercise as I can barely walk do you have any suggestions?

Dear MK
I am sorry to hear that you have had a stroke and that this makes walking and other types of exercise so difficult. It would be good if you could lose some weight as your present BMI = 34,2. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of about 25, you would need to weigh approx. 50 kg. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), rather than to do any of these cleansing programmes. Those programmes can put you at risk of further ill health which is something you want to avoid. If you use the suggested slimming diet you should lose about 0,5 to 1 kg per week, so in 2 months you should be able to lose 5 kg or even more.
I hope you achieve the weightloss and enjoy your cousin's wedding.

2
Posted by: Princess | 2012/09/26

Really frustrated with my body weight especially my belly fat .I cant seem to find the right gym or diet please help!

Reply to Princess

Dear MK