Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2012-04-19

weight loss

Hi Diet Doc. I saterted working this year as a candidate attorney. Im 24years old and am 1,60 m. I live an active, healthy lifestyle and eat healthily. I have gained weight this year, about 3kgs and would like advice on how to lose it again. I think it is mostly because I dont sleep enough and eat to stay awake at night, if that makes sense. Ive lalways liked something sweet after supper, but now it is as if Im eating bits of everything in fron of me, as if i have no control? Is there any way to stop or control late-night snacking or healthy alternatives.
I eat oats most morning, and almonds or an apple for my 2 snack times inbetween meals. At lunch time I mostly eat salad, with chicken or tuna.

I jog 3x a week and alternate it with weight and core exercises. Thank yo very much, have a good day.

Dear Michelle
Congratulations on becoming a candidate attorney. If you are 1,6 m tall, then your ideal weight would be 56 kg which would ensure a BMI of 22. If you find that you are snacking and nibbling snacks that are not healthy to stay awake at night, then you know that you must do the following: a) Stop working so hard or rearrange your schedule so that you can go to bed at a normal hour, b) Eat low-energy snacks such as baby tomatoes, carrot or celery sticks, Provitas with Marmite or fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free or low-fat yoghurt and berries or citrus fruits, and chew artificially sweetened gum. c) Start eating a more balanced diet. To get an idea of what such a low-fat, high-fibre diet entails, click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet'. If you are not overweight, then you can eat larger portions of the permitted foods. Keep up the good work with the exercise.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-04-19

Dear Michelle