Question
Posted by: candy | 2011-11-15

weight loss

Good day doc,

I need some explaining. I lost a total of 2.2kg in 25 days wich is good but i have not lost any cm on my body. why is this happening and my clothes are not feeling any losser

Please advice
Kind regards

Dear Candy
Now this is a difficult question to answer because I don't have any details, such as how overweight you are, if you are using a diet and exercise to lose weight, what type of diet you are using, what type of exercise you are doing, if you are an adult woman with normal menstrual cycles, if you tend to retain water, etc, etc. If you are either extremely overweight or very close to your ideal weight, losing 2.2 kg may not yet make any difference to your vital statistics. If you tend to retain water then your body fat percentage will have decreased but parts of your body may be swollen due to the water retention. In some cases patients with irritable bowel syndrome or other conditions that cause a lot of bloating have also not noticed any changes in measurements of say their waistlines or abdominal area because of the distention. So there could be many different reasons why your clothes are not yet feeling loose.
You may find that in the next month you now lose cm, but your scale does not show a change in kg.
The main thing is that you stick to your weightloss regimen and you will lose weight and cm over time.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-11-15

Dear Candy