Question
Posted by: chantel | 2011/10/03

weight loss

I''m a female 18 that weighs 85kgs I''m 1.76m tall and really want to loose weight but I don''t eat fish so is there maybe a diet you can recommend me?

Dear Chantel
Your present BMI = 27,4 which is above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24, you would need to weigh 74 kg, thus a loss of 11 kg. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day. Although this diet mentions fish as an alternative for other protein foods, you do not need to include it in your slimming diet. Use lean meat, eggs, and low-fat or fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese, or legumes like cooked or canned dry beans, peas, lentils or soya, as substitutes for fish.

1

Dear Chantel