Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2011-09-06

weight loss

hi there Doc

Please can you tell me if the following eating plan will help me lose weight. My doc prescribed duromine and I have started taken it from Monday.

breakfast: Nutren fibre shake -06:00am
snack: jungle oats lite bar/ a fruit
lunch: low gi bread with peanut butter x2 slices
snack: yogurt or a fruit again
supper: will be whatever I prefer for supper, just a small portion eg mince, rice and mix veggies, or beef stew with veggies
I drink atleast 2lt of water per day and I am active during the day, I walk alot and in the evenings I cycle. I am basically taken it one day at a time, I have been trying for a long time to lose weight and now I am determined to get this right. I want to look good and feel good about myself and also let my husband feel proud of me. you advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all you help and time

Dear Lilly
The diet your describe will cause weightloss if your total energy intake for the day is less than approximately 6300 kJ. Check that the Nutren fibre shake and the jungle oats lite bar do not contain more than 1500 kJ each, otherwise you won't achieve your energy reduction. I am also concerned that this diet is not balanced because it only contain one serving of dairy (the yoghurt snack). Adult women should have 3 servings of low-fat or fat-free dairy per day to provide them with the 1200 mg of calcium they require to prevent brittle bones. Don't overdo your water intake - adults need 2,5 litres of liquid a day which includes all the liquids they ingest (water, coffee, tea, cold drinks, fruit juice, etc). You may find that using the Duromine will suppress your appetite and that you eat smaller portions which will lead to weightloss.
Keep up the good work with the exercise - 30 minutes of cycling a day should not only promote weightloss, but also firm you up all round.

2
Posted by: kim | 2011-09-09

If i use GI Leans shke for a week without eating will i loose weight?

Reply to kim
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-06

Dear Lilly