Question
Posted by: Charmaine Hill | 2011/08/16

Weight loss

tried all the suggestions above and my 21 year old daughter still can''t shed the 5 k she needs to - actually don''t know now whether going to a dietician miight be more beneficial ?

Dear Charmaine
I am not sure which suggestions you tried, but suspect you may be the same Reader who asked about the Simply Slim capsules a while ago? However, if your 21-year-old daughter cannot shed the last 5 kg that she needs to lose, then it may be an excellent idea for her and her diet to be assessed by a registered dietitian. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2011/08/17

5 kgs? Maybe she doesnt need to lose it, maybe her body feels she needs to keep it. Have you worked out her BMI? Is she within the limit? I am way out of the limit according to BMI but wear a size 38/36 jeans but am still considered obese. Take her bone structure into consideration as well - BMI doesnt do this.

Reply to Lee

Dear Charmaine